CƠ HỘI NGHỀ NGHIỆP
Reports To: Executive Director
Last Update: August 2020
The Clinical Coordinator (CC) performs activities to facilitate VACF’s outreach and education, patient navigation and screening activities to community members and clinics, focusing on breast and cervical cancer awareness, prevention, early detection, diagnostic and supportive services. The CC works both independently and collaboratively with the VACF Team and other community partners to ensure the delivery of timely and appropriate screening, diagnostic, referral and patient navigation and implementation of evidence-based interventions.
• Conduct need assessment and provide navigation services to individuals requiring breast and cervical cancer screening and diagnostic services.
• Evaluate progress and effectiveness of navigations services.
• Maintain a comprehensive list of resources for the region, working with the Health Educator to identify and verify contacts for community, medical, social, and public health services and resources.
• Identify and document navigation success stories.
• Work with clinic providers to increase breast and cervical cancer screening clinic-level rates and/or strengthen the delivery of cancer screening services through implementation of evidence-based interventions (EBIs), including recruiting and orienting providers.
• Provide on-going monitoring, training and support to providers, including scheduling, conducting and evaluating provider site visit at PCP physical site using established tools and protocols.
• Identify, and recruit, and train new Medi-Cal providers for collaboration based on community needs assessment utilizing Provider Recruitment and Outreach Plan (PROP).
• Maintain a current list of active provider sites in database.
• Perform other duties as may be required.
• Professional appearance and conduct, outgoing with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Familiarity with Vietnamese community and culture. Ability to interact with diplomacy and interact with all ages and socio-economic levels clients.
• Experience in grassroots and frontline public health and/or community work
• High level of self-motivation and ability to work both independently and as a supportive member of the team
• Organized self-starter with strong compassion and positive attitude. Be flexible and adaptable to changes.
• Multitasking and time management skills, prioritizing tasks. Ability independently carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
• Strong analytical skills for problem solving, prioritizing and workload organization
• Licensed nurse.
• Professional fluency in English and Spanish or Vietnamese (speaking, reading, and writing).
• Proficiency in internet search and basic computer skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); being comfortable with learning and using computer and internet technology.
• Ability to work within deadlines and ability to work flexible hours.
• Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation.
• Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties.
Status: Contract, 30+ hours/week
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.